- Lesson: Courage to tell the truth
- Scripture: Esther 1:1-2; 2:5-10,17; 3:1-11,13; 4:1-7:6,10; 8:1-12; Esther told the king the truth.
- Verse(es): Proverbs 12:17 (ESV)
- Truth = agreement of the facts; what is real
- Guide marker: Always tell the truth, regardless of the consequences!
- Lesson: Courage to go to church
- Scripture: Luke 2:40-52; Joshua visits Jerusalem.
- Verse(es): Psalm 122:1 (ESV)
- Church = a body of believers; building to gather and worship God
- Guide marker: Attending church helps me grow in my faith as a Christian.
- Lesson: Courage to follow Jesus’ example (Baptism)
- Scripture: Matthew 3:1-5, 11-17; Mark 1:2-11; The Baptism of Jesus.
- Verse(es): John 15:10 (ESV)
- Baptism = being immersed in water, where a believer follows the Lord’s example
- Guide marker: Baptism is for believers who follow and obey Jesus, showing others what they believe.
- Lesson: Courage to withstand temptation
- Scripture: Matthew 4:1-11; Luke 4:1-13; Temptation of Jesus
- Verse(es): Matthew 4:4 (ESV)
- Temptation = the act of tempting; enticement or allurement
- Guide marker: Understanding temptation is the first step in overcoming it.