- Lesson: Courage to praise God
- Scripture: Matthew 2:1-11; Mark 11:1-10; Luke 19:28-38; The people praise God.
- Verse(es): 1 Chronicles 16:8-9 (ESV)
- Praise = The act of expressing admiration; to offer gratefulness
- Guide marker: God wants me to praise Him every day!
- Lesson: Courage to remember what Jesus did for me (Lord’s Supper)
- Scripture: Matthew 26:17-20, 26:-30; Mark 14:12-17, 22-26; Luke 22:7-19; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29; The Lord’s Supper (Communion).
- Verse(es): 1 Corinthians 11:26 (ESV)
- Remember = to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again
- Guide marker: Only Christians are to partake of the Lord’s Supper, remembering what Jesus has done for us!
- Lesson: Courage to recognize God sent His Son to die for my sins
- Scripture: Matthew 27-28; Mark 14:53-65, 15:1-16-8; Luke 22:63-24:51; Jesus died to save the world.
- Verse(es): John 3:16 (ESV)
- Penalty = a punishment given for breaking the law or rule
- Guide marker: Jesus died to pay the penalty for sin, but arose from the dead to give us life (eternal)!
- Lesson: Courage to live as Jesus taught
- Scripture: Matthew 5-7; Sermon on the Mount.
- Verse(es): Matthew 5:44 (ESV)
- Live = to practice, represent or exhibit one’s life
- Guide marker: Doing what God teaches is the right way to live.