Week 2 • 10/15/14 • Element & Fusion
Outline: Oceans – Week 2 Outline
Scripture References: Matthew 14:22-33 NLT
- Define the word failure.
- Have you ever failed at something? What was it? How did you feel?
- Do you have a comfort zone?
- Why is it so hard leaving our comfort zones?
- Peter left the comforts of the boat to walk on the water. Have you ever stepped out in faith to do something you felt God wanted you to do? Share your thoughts.
- Jesus is not in the boat. He’s not in the “safe” place. He’s in the storm, the unfamiliar, the uncomfortable place, all the places that require us to put ALL of our faith and trust in Jesus. What do you think about this statement? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Are you afraid to fail?
- When was the last time you got out of the boat? If you haven’t, are you willing to give it a shot? If you have before, are you willing to do it again?