Being a ministry that involves gathering groups of people, we are staying informed regarding the Coronavirus developments in our country and in our county in particular. Bible Center has taken precautionary steps for our Sunday services and other gatherings to ensure we are doing our part in the area of safety. These include:
- Adding additional hand sanitizing locations throughout our facility.
- Foregoing the shaking of hands and encouraging greeting each other with smiles and conversations.
- Deep-cleaning our school and our church locations on a daily basis.
We communicate daily with city and county officials about the latest information. Should adjustments need to be made, we are prepared to do so. Please be mindful of the guidance from the West Virginia Department of Health and the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using regular household detergent and water.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
Although no cases have been confirmed in West Virginia, the uncertainty of this outbreak is creating anxiety in our workplaces, schools, and day-to-day activities. Yet we remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and careful attention to all that is happening. Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of the virus.