Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
Today we continue our Overwhelmed series with a message titled, “Why is the Trinity So Important?”
If you’re new to Christianity, today’s message explores the Bible’s teaching that there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; James 2:19), yet…
- God is three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2).
- Each person is fully God—co-eternal, co-equal, and co-existent (Genesis 1:1; John 1; Acts 5:3-4).
- The three persons of the Trinity are one in essence, yet distinct in person, dwelling in perfect harmony as three in one, mutually glorifying one another (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 3:16-17; John 14-17; Ephesians 4:4-6).
If you’ve been a Jesus-follower for a while, perhaps you’ve felt that the doctrine of the Trinity was a liability, a burden to be borne patiently, a hurdle to explain to skeptics. My goal in today’s sermon is to show that the triune God is the best thing about the Christian faith.
Why is God love? Because God is a Trinity. Why can we be saved? Because God is a Trinity. How are we able to live the Christian life? Through the Trinity.
Feel free to check out our series page to find:
- Membership Statement of Faith (in progress)
- Sermons in this series (video or podcast)
- Two books you’ll want in your library
- Related Core Classes from Pastor Mike
- Printable bulletins & sermon outlines
With you for the gospel and for the city,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
New Core Classes | On Demand
Our Core Classes on doctrine will continue in conjunction with the upcoming sermon series which rolls out our new Member Statement of Faith. The study of theology leads us to a greater knowledge of and deeper love of God Himself—a love that is then displayed to those around us as we make disciples who make more disciples. Classes will become available each Sunday evening via video and podcast on the Series or Core Class page.
Friday, October 2 | 6:30-8:30 PM | via ZOOM
– OR –
Saturday, October 3 | 9 AM-Noon | Room 3105/06
Join Pastor Matt, along with other Pastors & Staff, for our Fall Membership Session! We want membership to be a meaningful commitment to you from our pastors and church family, as you’ll want your membership to be a meaningful commitment to us. Being a Bible Center member is the best way to tell our leaders, “Remember me in your prayers, counsel, teaching, and godly example.” Joining the church is not required at the end of the session, nor will pressure be placed on you to join. So, feel free to attend, even if it’s just to know more about Bible Center and its staff. In the future, if you do decide to join our membership, you’ll already have the required class completed.
Only one class is required–virtually on Friday or in person on Saturday! (Saturday: Child care available. Due to the pandemic, no food will be provided.) Registration is required.
live @ 9
Join Pastor Matt Garrison every Tuesday on Facebook Live for coffee and conversation.
Join Our Prayer Team
Join Pastor Mike in praying for the church and the city by participating on the Prayer Team. Pastor Mike will send group texts during the week to remind us to faithfully pray. To be a part of our Prayer Team, complete this quick form.
Worship Center Available for Prayer
Our Worship Center is available each weekday from 7-9 AM for anyone to enter and pray quietly. The windows will be open each morning and the space will be reserved solely for this purpose. Enter through the front doors, proceed to the auditorium, and find a socially distanced chair to read your Bible, contemplate, or pray. Feel free to stop by before starting your day!
Laughter on the Lawn
Saturday, October 3 | 6:30-8:30 PM | North Lawn | Come join women of all ages and stages of life as we hang out together and enjoy some social distanced fun. S’mores will be provided, but bring your own chair, snacks, friends, and games!
3 Ways to Find Belonging
Whether you’re ready to attend in person or you’re still more comfortable at home, there are several ways to connect and find community.
- Visit our Groups web page and choose an in-person or online group that fits you best.
- Join our brand new Online Group, led by Matt Garrison.
- Become a part of our Bible Center Facebook Group where you can connect with others, join in conversations, and even enjoy some random questions (and maybe even some corny jokes!) from Online Campus Pastor Matt Garrison.
Activity Fun Night (Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry)
- Now-November | Every Wednesday at 6 PM | Fun activities outside with devotional/discipleship time.
Coming Up in MSM (Middle School Ministry)
- Wednesdays, 6:00-7:45 PM | Small groups and outdoor activities (weather permitting). Students will check out how they can jump into God’s Word.
- Sundays, 9 & 11 AM | Meets either in Room 1105 or at the basketball court outside (exit doors adjacent to Room 1105). Pastor Josh would love to have you join!
Coming Up in HSM (High School Ministry)
- Wednesday, September 30 | 7:30-9:00 PM | Alive (Night of Worship) at the RIM (school campus)
- Saturday, October 3: Walk-for-Life | Meets at 8:45 AM on the Kanawha Blvd. side of the capitol. The walk begins at 9 AM.
- Join us on Sundays! At 9 AM, Pastor Ryan and the HSM group will temporarily meet in the Middle School Room (1105/06 on Level 1); at 11 AM they sit together as a group in the Auditorium for the worship service.