Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
Sarah and I are out this weekend celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. The actual date was July 1, but the pandemic, Kadyn’s adoption, and school reopening issues didn’t give us the green light to get away until now. Hopefully by the time you’re reading this, Sarah and I will have read a few books, taken many walks, and have every little detail of our next 20 years together completely planned out. (Just kidding on that last one.)
Even though we’re absent in body, we’re with you in spirit. I’ll be back in the saddle again on Monday.
Today, our friend and Pastor of Discipleship and Multiplication, Mike Graham, will continue our 6-week Overwhelmed series by bringing a message on Jesus. So far in this series we’ve studied:
- How to Agree and Disagree Agreeably
- Why We Believe the Bible at Bible Center
- Why is the Trinity So Important?
- 4 Things a Pandemic Teaches Us About God the Father
Join me in offering up a prayer to God on Pastor Mike’s behalf, and let’s ask God to transform us into the image of Jesus through the reading and teaching of His Word.
With you for the gospel and for the city,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
Fireside Chats | Member Statement of Faith
For the last two years, our Pastors and Board of Elders have worked diligently and prayerfully to provide us with a more robust Member Statement of Faith. In this age when biblical illiteracy is on the rise, we all sense God inviting us into a deeper faith.
Mark your calendars for four fireside chats where anyone can come and ask questions of our Pastors and Elders. We plan to host each public forum on Sunday evenings (6 PM) in the lobby unless the crowd size requires us to move into the auditorium for social distancing.
- October 18, 2020
- November 22, 2020
- January 24, 2021
- February 28, 2021
You can see the new Member Statement of Faith here (with a new section being rolled out weekly in conjunction with Sunday’s sermon), along with an explanatory video with Pastor Matt and our Board Chairman, Dr. Paul Legg.
Feel free to take your time to peruse the FAQ section that addresses issues like:
- Why is it time for an update?
- The process so far…
- What to expect through March 2021
- Are we drifting from our roots?
Related to our new Member Statement of Faith, you can also view on-demand Core Classes here.
Sojourner’s Shelter: Items Needed
Looking for a practical way to show the love of Jesus? Sojourner’s Shelter for Homeless Women & Families is in need of personal care items: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste/brushes; razors; lotion. Help us restock their supply! A collection tote will be inside the front doors, so you can just drive by and drop off your donations from 8 AM-8 PM, now through October 18.
Lo-Tech People Wanted, Too
Even if you’re a “lo-tech”—not a hi-tech—individual, the Production Team needs you! We’re looking for people to run video cameras during services. It’s easy, we promise! No experience necessary, and serving is on a monthly basis. Contact Steven VanHorn.
live @ 9
Join Pastor Matt Garrison every Tuesday on Facebook Live for coffee and conversation.
Worship Center Available for Prayer
Our Worship Center is available each weekday from 7-9 AM for anyone to enter and pray quietly. The windows will be open each morning and the space will be reserved solely for this purpose. Enter through the front doors, proceed to the auditorium, and find a socially distanced chair to read your Bible, contemplate, or pray. Feel free to stop by before starting your day!
2 Ways to Find Belonging
Whether you’re ready to attend in person or you’re still more comfortable at home, there are several ways to connect and find community.
- Visit our Groups web page and choose an in-person or online group that fits you best.
- Become a part of our Bible Center Facebook Group where you can connect with others, join in conversations, and even enjoy some random questions (and maybe even some corny jokes!) from Online Campus Pastor Matt Garrison.
If you’re passionate about impacting little lives for eternity, there are a few ways to get involved in our Early Childhood Ministry. Contact Jane Jackson-Fowler to serve or if you have questions.
- Check-In Desk – Help families check in before the 9 and 11 AM services. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month.
- Toddler Room (2- to 4-year-olds) – Receive and care for children. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month (during either the 9 or 11 AM service).
- Childcare – Receive and care for children during the 7 PM Thursday Service. Time commitment: 1 Thursday per month.
Activity Fun Night (Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry)
- Every Wednesday in October | 6 PM | Fun activities outside with devotional/discipleship time.
Coming Up in MSM (Middle School Ministry)
- Wednesdays, 6:00-7:45 PM | Small groups and outdoor activities (weather permitting). Students will check out how they can jump into God’s Word.
- Sundays, 9 & 11 AM | Meets either in Room 1105 or at the basketball court outside (exit doors adjacent to Room 1105). Pastor Josh would love to have you join!
Coming Up in HSM (High School Ministry)
- Join us on Sundays! At 9 AM, Pastor Ryan and the HSM group will temporarily meet in the Middle School Room (1105/06 on Level 1); at 11 AM they sit together as a group in the Auditorium for the worship service.
Bible Center School
BCS Employment Opportunities
- Substitute Teachers (grade levels and days are flexible)
- Part Time Elementary Aide/Aftercare Attendant
Email Principal Schafer at email@example.com.