Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
Who is the Holy Spirit? What does He do?
How can you have all of Him? How can He have all of you?
Those are the four questions we’ll consider in today’s sermon, concluding our 6-week Overwhelmed series. So far in this series we’ve studied:
- How to Agree to Disagree Agreeably
- Why We Believe the Bible at Bible Center
- Why is the Trinity So Important?
- 4 Things a Pandemic Teaches Us about God the Father
- Walking in His Footprints: The Son of God
You’re invited to join me this (Sunday) evening at 6 PM for the first of four fireside chats where anyone can come and ask questions of our Pastors and Elders about our new Member Statement of Faith (in process). We plan to host each public forum on Sunday evenings (6 PM) in the lobby unless the crowd size requires us to move into the auditorium for social distancing.
You can see the new Member Statement of Faith draft here (with a new section being rolled out weekly in conjunction with the weekend sermon), along with an explanatory video with our Board Chairman, Dr. Paul Legg, and me.
Thankful for the Spirit of truth that unites us in Christ,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
Sunday Morning Groups
Looking for a place to belong? Sunday Groups meet both online and on-campus, usually on Sunday mornings during one of the services. Meet new friends, enjoy conversation, and grow in your walk with Christ.
20s-40s with Kids | 9:15 AM
Zoom only | Mark Banyai: (304) 389-7318
Young Professionals | 20s-40s without Kids | 10 AM
Room 3101/02 | Mitri Ghareeb
55+ Adults | 10:30 AM
Room 1120 | Nick Munoz
60+ Adults | 6 PM
Room 3105/06 & Zoom | Darwin Neddo: (304) 343-0890; Joe Martin
Fireside Chats | Member Statement of Faith
Mark your calendars for our Fireside Chats—Q & A sessions where you can ask our Pastors and Elders about the plan to provide a more robust Member Statement of Faith. Anyone can attend. See complete info here.
- Sunday, October 18, 2020 | 6 PM
- Sunday, November 22, 2020 | 6 PM
- Sunday, January 24, 2021 | 6 PM
- Sunday, February 28, 2021 | 6 PM
Sojourner’s Shelter: Items Needed
Looking for a practical way to show the love of Jesus? Sojourner’s Shelter for Homeless Women & Families is in need of personal care items: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste/brushes; razors; lotion. Help us restock their supply! A collection tote will be inside the front doors, so you can just drive by and drop off your donations from 8 AM-8 PM, now through October 18.
Lo-Tech People Wanted, Too
Even if you’re a “lo-tech”—not a hi-tech—individual, the Production Team needs you! We’re looking for people to run video cameras during services. It’s easy, we promise! No experience necessary, and serving is on a monthly basis. Contact Steven VanHorn.
live @ 9
Join Pastor Matt Garrison every Tuesday on Facebook Live for coffee and conversation.
Worship Center Available for Prayer
Each weekday | 7-9 AM | For anyone to enter and pray quietly. Enter through the front doors, proceed to the auditorium, and find a socially distanced chair to read your Bible, contemplate, or pray.
2 Ways to Find Belonging
Whether you’re ready to attend in person or you’re still more comfortable at home, there are several ways to connect and find community.
- Visit our Groups web page and choose an in-person or online group that fits you best.
- Become a part of our Bible Center Facebook Group where you can connect with others, join in conversations, and even enjoy some random questions (and maybe even some corny jokes!) from Online Campus Pastor Matt Garrison.
Spooktacular Halloween Party (Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry)
Wednesday, October 28 | 6:00-7:30 PM | Attention boys and girls: You are invited to our outdoor Spooktacular Halloween Party! Don’t be a scaredy cat, wear your costume (parents, too!) and join us for food, fun, and frights. Invite your friends—they can bring their parents as well!
Activity Fun Night (Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry)
Wednesday, October 21 | 6 PM | Fun activities outside with devotional/discipleship time
Early Childhood Needs You!
- Check-In Desk – Help families check in before the 9 and 11 AM services. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month.
- Toddler Room (2- to 4-year-olds) – Receive and care for children. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month (during either the 9 or 11 AM service).
- Childcare – Receive and care for children during the 7 PM Thursday Service. Time commitment: 1 Thursday per month.
Coming Up in MSM (Middle School Ministry)
- Wednesdays, 6:00-7:45 PM | Small groups and outdoor activities (weather permitting). Students will check out how they can jump into God’s Word.
- Sundays, 9 & 11 AM | Meets either in Room 1105 or at the basketball court outside (exit doors adjacent to Room 1105). Pastor Josh would love to have you join!
Coming Up in HSM (High School Ministry)
- Join us on Sundays! At 9 AM, Pastor Ryan and the HSM group will temporarily meet in the Middle School Room (1105/06 on Level 1); at 11 AM they sit together as a group in the Auditorium for the worship service.
Bible Center School
BCS Employment Opportunities
- Substitute Teachers (grade levels and days are flexible)
- Part Time Elementary Aide/Aftercare Attendant
Email Principal Schafer at firstname.lastname@example.org.