Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
Today we continue our 6-week Overwhelmed series. After studying the core doctrines of Unity, God’s Word, and the Trinity… today’s message is titled, “What a Pandemic Teaches Us about God the Father.”
What can this pandemic teach us about the fatherhood of God? What about His sovereignty? Surely our mortal minds can’t comprehend everything about God or His plan, but what can we know for sure about Him? How does He want us to address Him in prayer? What’s His nickname for us? Why would He allow us to go through what so many of us are going through right now?
Is there any encouragement? Any hope? Any light at the end of the tunnel?
Let me invite you to take notes as we do a Scriptural survey of God the Father. More importantly, let’s draw near to God together today. When we do, He promises to draw near to us!
Additionally, you can check out our series page to find:
- Membership Statement of Faith (in progress)
- Previous sermons in this series (video or podcast)
- Related blog posts
- Two books you’ll want in your library
- Related Core Classes from Pastor Mike
- Printable bulletins & sermon outlines
With you for the gospel and for the city,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
New Core Classes | On Demand
Our Core Classes on doctrine will continue in conjunction with the upcoming sermon series which rolls out our new Member Statement of Faith. The study of theology leads us to a greater knowledge of and deeper love of God Himself—a love that is then displayed to those around us as we make disciples who make more disciples. Classes will become available each Sunday evening via video and podcast on the Series or Core Class page.
Join Pastor Mike Graham in praying for the church and the city by participating on the Prayer Team. Pastor Mike will send group texts during the week to remind us to faithfully pray. To be a part of our Prayer Team, complete this quick form.
Sojourner’s Shelter: Items Needed
Looking for a practical way to show the love of Jesus? Sojourner’s Shelter for Homeless Women & Families is in need of personal care items: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste/brushes; razors; lotion. Help us restock their supply! A collection tote will be under the church portico, so you can just drive by and drop off your donations October 4-18, 8 AM-8 PM.
live @ 9
Join Pastor Matt Garrison every Tuesday on Facebook Live for coffee and conversation.
Worship Center Available for Prayer
Our Worship Center is available each weekday from 7-9 AM for anyone to enter and pray quietly. The windows will be open each morning and the space will be reserved solely for this purpose. Enter through the front doors, proceed to the auditorium, and find a socially distanced chair to read your Bible, contemplate, or pray. Feel free to stop by before starting your day!
Laughter on the Lawn
Saturday, October 3 | 6:30-8:30 PM | North Lawn | Come join women of all ages and stages of life as we hang out together and enjoy some socially distanced fun. Enjoy a cozy fire, s’mores, and the warmth of friendship! It’s the perfect way to celebrate Fall.
3 Ways to Find Belonging
Whether you’re ready to attend in person or you’re still more comfortable at home, there are several ways to connect and find community.
- Visit our Groups web page and choose an in-person or online group that fits you best.
- Join our brand new Online Group, led by Matt Garrison.
- Become a part of our Bible Center Facebook Group where you can connect with others, join in conversations, and even enjoy some random questions (and maybe even some corny jokes!) from Online Campus Pastor Matt Garrison.
If you’re passionate about impacting little lives for eternity, there are a few ways to get involved in our Early Childhood Ministry. Contact Jane for information.
- Check-In Desk – Help families check in before the 9 and 11 AM services. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month.
- Toddler Room (2- to 4-year-olds) – Receive and care for children. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month (during either the 9 or 11 AM service).
- Childcare – Receive and care for children during the 7 PM Thursday Service. Time commitment: 1 Thursday per month.
Activity Fun Night (Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry)
- Now-November | Every Wednesday at 6 PM | Fun activities outside with devotional/discipleship time.
Coming Up in MSM (Middle School Ministry)
- Wednesdays, 6:00-7:45 PM | Small groups and outdoor activities (weather permitting). Students will check out how they can jump into God’s Word.
- Sundays, 9 & 11 AM | Meets either in Room 1105 or at the basketball court outside (exit doors adjacent to Room 1105). Pastor Josh would love to have you join!
Coming Up in HSM (High School Ministry)
- Saturday, October 3: Walk-for-Life | Meets at 8:45 AM on the Kanawha Blvd. side of the capitol. The walk begins at 9 AM.
- Join us on Sundays! At 9 AM, Pastor Ryan and the HSM group will temporarily meet in the Middle School Room (1105/06 on Level 1); at 11 AM they sit together as a group in the Auditorium for the worship service.
Bible Center School
BCS Employment Opportunities
- Substitute Teachers (grade levels and days are flexible)
- Part Time Elementary Aide/Aftercare Attendant
Email Principal Schafer at email@example.com.