Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
This weekend we continue our 5-part Crafted series, studying God’s creation of the universe and exploring why God made all things.
Today’s conversation focuses on humanity—specifically on how God intentionally created man and woman in His image, sharing in aspects of His spiritual, relational, rational, moral, emotional, and royal image. As an image-bearer of God, each person is loved, designed with beauty, created with purpose, and is inherently and eternally valuable.
Since all people reflect aspects of God’s nature, all people are to be treated with dignity… regardless of their race, ethnicity, or social status.
- What does the Bible specifically say about race and ethnicity?
- What about the future of racism… will it ever be eradicated?
- What does the cross of Jesus Christ have to do with race and racism? (The answer to that question may shock you. It definitely shocked me.)
- How can we identify and overcome any lingering racism that may reside in the deep recesses of our hearts?
This sermon series and doctrinal study are part of a 6-month rollout of our new Member Statement of Faith, with a new section being rolled out each Sunday afternoon.
Thankful that God so loved the world,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor @PastorMattBCC
P.S. Today is communion Sunday. Prior to the service, followers of Jesus are invited to pick up their communion packet at the auditorium doors, keeping it somewhere convenient until the end of the service, when I lead the congregation in partaking of the bread and juice.
This Week at a Glance
Thursday | November 19
- Facebook Live with Pastor Matt Garrison | 3 PM | What’s coming up & prayer time
- Worship Service & Communion | 7 PM
Sunday | November 22
- Worship Service & Communion | 9 & 11 AM
- Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry | 9 & 11 AM
- Middle School Ministry (MSM) | 9 & 11 AM
- High School Ministry (HSM) | 9 AM only
- Fireside Chat | 6 PM
Tuesday | November 24
live @ 9 with Pastor Matt Garrison | Coffee & conversation on Facebook Live
Wednesday | November 25
No evening activities.
Thanksgiving Day | Thursday | November 26
No evening service.
Christmas at Bible Center
We can’t wait to celebrate the birth of Christ with you! Throughout December, many opportunities are available for you to worship, connect, and celebrate Christmas through familiar sights and sounds. Whether in person, online, or on TV, may the joy of our Savior’s birth flood our hearts this year.
To view, download, share, and save events to your own calendars, please view the Christmas at Bible Center page. Included are the Christmas Concert (4 times to watch) and the Christmas Eve Services (available in person and online).
Fireside Chats | Member Statement of Faith
Mark your calendars for our Fireside Chats—Q & A sessions where you can ask our Pastors and Elders about the plan to provide a more robust Member Statement of Faith. Anyone can attend. The November meeting is at 6 PM; however, meeting times will move to 5 PM in January. See complete info here.
- Sunday, November 22, 2020 | 6 PM
- Sunday, January 24, 2021 | 5 PM
- Sunday, February 28, 2021 | 5 PM
Order by November 22 | Bible Center will soon be decorating our church with beautiful, red poinsettias in honor of those who have shared with us the joys of the seasons past. On December 13, a Memorial Video will be available before services and on social media. All flowers must be picked up by the evening of Sunday, December 20. Place an order. Contact Paula Toney with questions. Prices for the poinsettias are: Small: $10; Medium: $16; Large: $24.
No Service Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, November 26 | There will be no evening service on Thanksgiving Day. Have a blessed holiday and weekend!
Wednesday Evening Activities
- Wednesdays, November 25 & December 2 | No activities for children or teens.
- Early Childhood and Children’s Ministry Wednesday activities will resume in January.
Jingle Jam (All ages)
Friday, December 11 | 5:00 PM | Online & On Demand | Don’t miss Jingle Jam—an advent-urous look at the advent wreath and how it helps us stay centered on the real meaning of Christmas! Play games, worship, and come chill at the coolest party this side of the North Pole! Click here for more details!
Early Childhood Needs You!
If you’re passionate about impacting little lives for eternity, there are a few ways to get involved in our Early Childhood Ministry. Contact Jane Jackson-Fowler to serve or if you have questions.
- Check-In Desk – Help families check in before the 9 and 11 AM services. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month.
- Toddler Room (2- to 4-year-olds) – Receive and care for children. Time commitment: 1 Sunday per month (during either the 9 or 11 AM service).
- Childcare – Receive and care for children during the 7 PM Thursday Service. Time commitment: 1 Thursday per month.
2 Ways to Find Belonging Whether you’re ready to attend in person or you’re still more comfortable at home, there are several ways to connect and find community.
- Visit our Groups web page and choose an in-person or online group that fits you best.
- Become a part of our Bible Center Facebook Group where you can connect with others, join in conversations, and even enjoy some random questions (and maybe even some corny jokes!) from Online Campus Pastor Matt Garrison.
Bible Center School
BCS Employment Opportunities
- Substitute Teachers (grade levels and days are flexible)
- Part Time Elementary Aide/Aftercare Attendant
Email Principal Schafer at email@example.com.