Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
Let’s be honest: life is brutal. In a sense, life can be described as the process of losing everything and everyone we’ve ever loved. G. K. Chesterton writes, “We all feel the riddle of the earth. The clouds and curtains of darkness, the confounding vapors, these are the daily weather of this world.”
Unfortunately, escapism won’t fix it, no matter which version we choose: the religious version (prosperity through faith), the secular version (prosperity through hard work), or the pleasure version (abandoning all self-restraint). It will take more than a silver-lining to cope with the brokenness of this world, even for an optimist.
So, what hope do we have?
Here it is in a nutshell: Jesus is coming again to renew and restore all things! In the future resurrection, God wants to restore everything life has taken from you. This is the grand finale of God’s storyline, and it has been God’s goal since the beginning.
Today we launch the 4-part Renewed series as we study Jesus’ second coming, the place called heaven, and (unfortunately) the place called hell. Together, let’s look forward to the new heaven and earth, longing for the day when God wipes away all tears from our eyes!
Hopeful in Jesus,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
P.S. For everyone’s safety, we’ll use the same pre-packaged communion format that we’ve used throughout the pandemic. Be sure to pick up yours at the worship center doors.
This Week at a Glance
Thursday | February 18
- live @ 2 with Pastor Matt Garrison on Facebook
- Worship Service | 7 PM
Sunday | February 21
- Worship Services | 9 & 11 AM | On Campus & Online
- Worship Service | 10 AM (WCHS-TV)
- Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry | 9 & 11 AM
- Middle School Ministry (MSM) | 9 & 11 AM
- High School Ministry (HSM) | 9 AM only
- Sunday Groups | Various Times
Tuesday | February 23
- live @ 9 with Pastor Matt Garrison | Coffee & Conversation on Facebook
- Celebrate Recovery | 6 PM | On Campus or Zoom
Wednesday | February 24
- AWANA | 6:00-7:30 PM | 1st Floor
- Middle School Ministry (MSM) | 6:00-7:45 PM | Church Campus
- High School Ministry (HSM) | 7:00-8:30 PM | School Campus
Baptism is the first public act Christians are called to do after deciding to follow Jesus. It’s a public confession that we believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus and is a symbol that our sins have been forgiven. It’s a testimony that we’ve been reborn and that God is changing us from the inside out, and it’s a celebration that we are part of Jesus’ spiritual family.
To keep everyone safe, we’re providing over 40 opportunities to be baptized over a 4-day period in a safe (and chlorinated!) setting.
You can gather with friends and family for an intimate baptism service celebrating God’s grace in your life!
Save the Date: Guest Speaker and Theology Intensive
March 20-21 | On Campus & Online | Bible Center Church is thrilled to welcome Dr. Gregg Allison, world-renowned author and speaker, for a half-day intensive and Sunday services. Dr. Allison’s books are being used in churches and seminaries around the world to shape pastors, missionaries, and entire congregations. Find out more here, and sign up for Saturday’s Intensive!
Children’s Ministry Helpers
Looking for a way to serve, give back, or become energized? Being a part of the Children’s Ministry is fun and exciting! Help our kids learn about how amazing Jesus is—the One who created it all. Become a volunteer and serve on a once-per-month rotation (AWANA and Nursery-5th Grade). Volunteers are needed now for Wednesday and Sunday service times. Contact Steve Neill or Jane Jackson-Fowler to get plugged in, or just visit them on the 1st floor.
Bible Center School
Early Bird Enrollment Open Now!
Whether you are a new or returning family to BCS, don’t miss the Early Bird Enrollment discount! Families can enroll/re-enroll for $110 ($100 enrollment fee plus $10 online processing fee), now through March 1.
BCS Employment Opportunities
- Preschool Teacher | If you are passionate about developing little minds, there’s an immediate teaching position (full-time with benefits) available for the 3-year-old class. Email Preschool Director Machelle Huffman for details.
- Substitute Teachers are needed at BCS (grade levels and days are flexible). Email Principal Stephanie Schafer.