Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
There is so much to celebrate this weekend, not the least of which includes multiple mini-baptism services taking place from Thursday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. As of this moment, 17 friends are being baptized! That’s 7 men and women, 5 students, and 5 elementary-aged children… with more likely to be added as the weekend progresses!
Words cannot express what my heart feels as it overflows with gratitude to God for His grace. He has been so good to our church family since its founding in 1943, and we are reaping the fruit—especially lately—from decades of prayer, hard work, and investment.
When you hear today’s message, you’ll benefit by knowing where it fits in the bigger picture. Since September we’ve journeyed through the Bible’s core doctrines, broken into various miniseries. We’re currently in a 4-part series titled Renewed, in which we are examining what the Bible says about the end times and the eternal state. (If you missed last week’s message on Jesus’ second coming, you can watch or listen to it here.
In today’s sermon, we’ll study what Jesus teaches on the place called hell. May God help us to study this biblical truth with a tear-filled heart and a determined mind, resolute to saturate our community with the gospel.
Eternally thankful for Jesus,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
This Week at a Glance
Thursday | February 25
- live @ 2 with Pastor Matt Garrison on Facebook
- 7 PM | Worship Service
Sunday | February 28
- 9 & 11 AM | Worship Services | On Campus & Online
- 9 & 11 AM | Early Childhood, Children’s Ministry, & Middle School (MSM)
- 9 AM | High School Ministry (HSM)
- 10 AM | Worship Service | WCHS-TV
- Sunday Groups | Various Times
- 5 PM | Fireside Chat (Member Statement of Faith)
Tuesday | March 2
- live @ 9 with Pastor Matt Garrison | Coffee & Conversation on Facebook
- 6 PM | Celebrate Recovery | On Campus or Zoom
Wednesday | March 3
- 6 PM | AWANA | 1st Floor
- 6 PM | Middle School Ministry (MSM) | Church Campus
- 7 PM | High School Ministry (HSM) | School Campus
Save the Date: Guest Speaker and Theology Intensive
March 20-21 | On Campus & Online
Bible Center Church is thrilled to welcome Dr. Gregg Allison, world-renowned author, and speaker, for a half-day intensive and Sunday services.
Dr. Allison’s books are being used in churches and seminaries around the world to shape pastors, missionaries, and entire congregations. His knowledge and insight are second to none, and you will leave encouraged and inspired.
Member Statement of Faith Update
As the culmination of two years of prayer, hard work, and Bible study by our Board of Elders, and after six months of doctrinal sermons, Core Classes, and fireside chats… we are nearing the end of our Member Statement of Faith update initiative.
You can watch a video and learn all about it here. Per our constitution, we are entering a 3-week review period (February 28 – March 20). Please take advantage of the following:
- Fireside Chat with Pastors and Elders (this Sunday, February 28, at 5 PM in the Gathering Space)
- Elders Available for Question (next Sunday, March 7, after both morning services at the front of the Worship Center)
- Half-Day Core Class Intensive with Dr. Gregg Allison (Saturday, March 20, register here)
- Member Meeting (Sunday, March 28, at 6 PM online or in the Worship Center)
Children’s Ministry Helpers
Looking for a way to serve, give back, or become energized? Being a part of the Children’s Ministry is fun and exciting! Help our kids learn about how amazing Jesus is—the One who created it all. Become a volunteer and serve on a once-per-month rotation (AWANA and Nursery-5th Grade). Volunteers are needed now for Wednesday and Sunday service times. Contact Steve Neill or Jane Jackson-Fowler to get plugged in, or just visit them on the 1st floor.
Bible Center School
Early Bird Enrollment Open Now!
Whether you are a new or returning family to BCS, don’t miss the Early Bird Enrollment discount! Families can enroll/re-enroll for $110 ($100 enrollment fee plus $10 online processing fee), now through March 1.
BCS Employment Opportunities
- Preschool Teacher | If you are passionate about developing little minds, there’s an immediate teaching position (full-time with benefits) available for the 3-year-old class. Email Preschool Director Machelle Huffman for details.
- Substitute Teachers are needed at BCS (grade levels and days are flexible). Email Principal Stephanie Schafer.