Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting on campus, online, or on TV.
This weekend we continue our Are You Certain? series. For 7 weeks we’re studying the inspired letter of 1 John in search of spiritual confidence and assurance of salvation.
The book of 1 John is all about assurance, confidence, and eternal security. Its goal is to give genuine believers the guarantee that all our sins have been forgiven (past, present, and future); that God the Father completely accepts and approves of us through the merits of Jesus; that we really are going to be with Jesus when we die; and that our salvation is secure.
In this inspired letter, John identifies 7 pieces of evidence that you are—or are not—a genuine child of God. So far, we’ve discovered that authentic Jesus-followers:
- Have a relationship with Jesus.
- Are eager to confess and change when we sin.
- Desire to know God above all else.
- Will persevere in our faith to the end.
- Possess a new kind of sacrificial love.
You can find all these previous messages (and complementary resources) here or on the app.
Today’s message, the sixth in the series, is titled, “Certain Trust” from chapter 5:1-13. We’ll see that those who belong to Jesus are given the supernatural ability to trust God, not only for initial salvation but for daily transformation… even when life gets hard.
Speaking of trust and faith, let’s keep this year’s graduating seniors in our prayers as they prepare for the next step in their journey!
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
This Week at a Glance
Thursday | May 20
- 7 PM | Worship Service
Sunday | May 23
- 8:45 AM | On Campus & Online
- 10:00 AM | On Campus, Online, WCHS-TV
- 11:15 AM | On Campus, Online
Tuesday | May 25
- Celebrate Recovery | 6 PM | On Campus or Zoom
Wednesday | May 26
- 6 PM | Middle School (MSM) | End-of-Semester event | Church Campus
- 7 PM | High School (HSM) End-of-Semester event | Church Campus (note location change)
YOUR own May We Serve ideas, carried out with friends or family and posted to social media with #MayWeServe. How creative can we get?! Let’s do this!
Camp Scholarship Fund
Did you know 85% of people who come to faith in Christ do so by the age of 18? Summer Camp is a crucial time in the lives of students. By giving to the Susan Bosley Camp Scholarship Fund, you can help a student attend summer camp where they will hear life-changing messages from God’s Word, be encouraged to deepen their faith and grow closer to Jesus, make memories with friends that will last a lifetime, and come home ready to tell others about what God has done in their life that week.
Drivers for Celebrate Recovery
Tuesday Evenings | Volunteers are needed to pick up and drop off people from a couple of the recovery homes. If you would like to help with this ministry, please email Sheri.
HSM Finale (Church Campus)
Wednesday, May 26 | 7-9 PM | Come out for a night of fun as we bring our semester to a close. Instead of meeting at the school, we will be at the church (100 Bible Center Drive). We’ll have many fun activities (s’more cones, bouncy house, etc.), and Crafts of the Coal will be there! Looking forward to a great night!
Bible Center School
BCS Employment Opportunities
- BCS is now accepting faculty and staff applications for the 2021-22 school year. Contact Principal Stephanie Schafer.
- Teacher for 3-year-old Preschool Class | Full-time (with benefits) | Email Preschool Director Machelle Huffman for details.
- Preschool Summer Employment Opportunities | Email Preschool Director Machelle Huffman for details.