About the Class
Studying prayer is like studying a mountain. It is helpful to stand at a distance and philosophically observe its size, shape, and features. Potential difficulties and dangers can be assessed, debated, and studied. This knowledge is useful, but will not satisfy the one who wants to touch the rocks, climb the walls, and see the world from on top of the mountain. At times, we need to step back and look at prayer from a big picture point of view. At other times, we must grab our pick ax and approach the mountain.
In this study, we will do both. We will scan the mountain from a distance and go up close, look at its features, and feel the wind on our face as we climb. We have much to learn from those who have climbed this mountain before us. Throughout our study, there are numerous thoughts and quotes from saints who have climbed with vigor and passion and have left a roadmap of their journey and a journal of their experiences.
All of us need to work on our prayer life. All of us need to make sure that our lifeline is untangled, free of debris, and fully connected to the Lord. Join me in exploring God’s Word on the subject of prayer.
Download Study Notes
Sign up for our Saturday newsletter.
- Befriend: Create Belonging in an Age of Judgment, Isolation, and Fear
- Outdoor Baptism (Sept. 8)
- Bulletin (August 18, 2019)
- Celebrate Recovery In-Depth 12-Step Study
- Core Class: The Holy Spirit & the Church
- 2 Ways You Can Help Get the Maker’s Center Ready for our Community
- OWLS Fall Picnic & Hayride (Adults 55+)
- Introducing The Maker’s Center
- Bulletin (August 11, 2019)
- Group Leadership Summit
Bible Center School
A ministry of Bible Center Church, Bible Center School is a fully accredited preschool, lower, and middle school program providing an exceptional educational experience in preparation for the secondary school level and college.