Meet Our TeamThe Executive Team
Pastor Matt & Sarah Friend
Matt Friend, a Charleston native and tenth generation West Virginian, graduated from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, has served in pastoral ministry since 2002 and at Bible Center Church since March 1, 2016 (as our sixth Lead Pastor). He and Sarah (his high school sweetheart and wife) are raising two teenage daughters, Katie and Riley, and one son, Kadyn. Together, they are advocates for adoption and all things Charleston. In his free time, he enjoys reading, running, kayaking, and spending time with his family and two dogs, Queso and Sabi.
- Prays for the entire Bible Center family
- Shapes a cross-centered culture
- Preaches and teaches Christ & Christlikeness
- Casts vision for the unseen realm
- Develops disciple-makers who make disciples
- Collaborates with the Elders on the church’s spiritual formation
- Oversees pastoral care for the congregation
- Connects with and prays for the community
John grew up in West Virginia, attended Bible Center School, Cross Lanes Christian School, and…
Executive Director of Operations
Steve Corbin joined BCC in February 2019 after spending 20 years as a medical device…
Principal, Bible Center School
Stephanie Schafer joined the BCS staff in 2018 as the Head of School. She spent…
Caleb is a graduate of Appalachian Bible College with a B.A. in Bible and Theology.…
Executive Director of Outreach
Michelle has served on the staff at Bible Center since 2002. She has a Bachelor’s…
Pastor of Discipleship and Multiplication
Pastor Mike Graham has a Master of Divinity from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and…
Online Campus Pastor
Pastor Matt Garrison holds a B.S. in Youth Ministry from Liberty University and a Master…
- Bible Center School Open House
- 6 Mediations to Fight Pornography (Part 1 of 3)
- Weekend Bulletin (April 8-11, 2021)
- Resource | Going Deeper: A Study in the Book of 1 John
- Child Dedication Service
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) Golf Scramble
- Sermon Series | Are You Certain?
- Does God Understand My Suffering?
〉Bible Center School
A ministry of Bible Center Church, Bible Center School is a fully accredited preschool, lower, and middle school program providing an exceptional educational experience in preparation for the secondary level and college.