Our TeamThe Executive Team
Pastor Matt & Sarah Friend
- Serves as the primary voice of the pulpit
- Develops and leads the Pastoral Team
- Cares for and shepherds the congregation
- Provides vision and direction for the church
- Works directly with the Elders to enrich and protect the spiritual health of the church
To glorify God by producing more maturing followers of Jesus.
John King grew up in West Virginia, attended Bible Center School, Cross Lanes Christian School, and was a whitewater rafting guide on the New River through college. After graduating from Appalachian Bible College, he served on church staffs in Florida and Ohio, and most recently on the Executive Team as the Family Ministries/Worship Arts Pastor at Calvary Community Church in Westlake Village, California. John and his wife, Emily, have three daughters: Allison, Alana, and Abigail.
- Develops and leads the Staff Ministry Team
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the church
- Responsible for ministry design/philosophy
- Creates alignment and attunement within the church departments
- Works to implement vision
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Steve Corbin joined BCC in February 2019 after spending 20 years as a medical device consultant. Steve was raised in WV, attended Cross Lanes Christian School and West Virginia State University. Steve and his wife, Kim, have four children, Jackson, Samantha, Kathryn and Madelyn.
Steve’s areas of oversight include:
- Business Office
- Information Technology
PRINCIPAL | BIBLE CENTER SCHOOL
Stephanie Schafer joined the BCS staff in 2018 as the Head of School. She spent her entire life in sunny Southwest Florida. After much prayer, her family knew that God was calling them to Charleston, West Virginia to be part of Bible Center School and Church. Stephanie received her B.A. in Communication from Palm Beach Atlantic University and her M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision from Liberty University. She has been part of Christian education for 16 years as both teacher and administrator. She has been married to her husband, Joey, for 15 years and they have a son, Dylan, and daughter, Halle.
Stephanie loves leading the staff and students at Bible Center School as they seek God's will for their lives.
PASTOR OF WORSHIP
Caleb is a graduate of Appalachian Bible College with a B.A. in Bible and Theology. He has previously served as a Youth Pastor in Virginia. He and his wife, Tiffany, have two children and reside in Charleston.
- Oversees and leads Adult Worship Team
- Oversees and leads Youth Praise Band
- Co-leads worship on Sundays
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF CITY MINISTRIES
Michelle has a Bachelor's degree in Christian Education from Andersonville Bible College and is currently pursuing her Master’s degree at Southwest Bible College and Seminary. She previously served as the Physical Education teacher at Bible Center School and as the Early Childhood Director. She and her husband, Richard, have seven children.
PASTOR OF COMMUNITY LIFE
Pastor Mike Graham has a Master of Divinity from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and has served as an international missionary, church planter, and pastor over the past 20 years. Mike brings years of discipleship, outreach and small group ministry experience. He and his wife, Jennifer, are the parents of Luke and Lexi.
- Oversees groups and community life
- Recruits and trains leaders
- Leads the charge in discipleship and spiritual development
PASTOR OF FAMILY/HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRIES
Pastor Matt Garrison holds a B.S. in Youth Ministry from Liberty University and a Master of Arts and Religion from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He previously served for nine years as the Youth Pastor at New Life Baptist Church in Pennsylvania. He and his wife, Andrea, are the parents of Sydney, Tyler, Sierra and Troy.
- Oversees and facilitates the Family Ministry, Birth-12th grade
- Leads the High School Ministry (9th-12th Grades)
- Co-leads college ministries
- Provides counsel to students and their families
To saturate the city with the gospel.
Sign up for our Saturday newsletter.
- A Love Worth Giving: Living in the Overflow of God’s Love
- Bulletin (January 19, 2020)
- Dodgeball Tournament (3rd-5th) – One-Day Event
- Women’s Ministry Roundtable
- Celebrate Recovery: New Time & Meal
- Belong: Membership Weekend
- The Furious Longing of God
- Bulletin (January 12, 2020)
- Info Meeting for Summer GO Teams
- Sermon Series | Authentic: The Marks of a Disciple
Bible Center School
A ministry of Bible Center Church, Bible Center School is a fully accredited preschool, lower, and middle school program providing an exceptional educational experience in preparation for the secondary school level and college.