- Lesson: Courage to see others as God sees them
- Scripture: 1 Samuel 16:1-13 – God chooses David
- Verse(es): 1 Samuel 16:7 (ESV)
- Different = not the same; not alike
- Guide marker: I need to accept those who are different than me; God made us all just the way He wanted us to be.
- Lesson: Courage to be brave
- Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:1-52 – David defeats Goliath
- Verse(es): 1 Corinthians 16:13 (ESV)
- Brave = ready to face pain or danger; courageous
- Guide marker: There are giants in life that I will face, but I’ll be brave and trust God’s grace.
- Lesson: Courage to admit when I do wrong
- Scripture: 2 Samuel 11:27-12:10, 13; Psalm 51:1-13; Acts 13:22 – David admits he is wrong
- Verse(es): Psalm 51:10 (ESV)
- Admit = to agree with
- Guide marker: When I choose to do wrong and sin, I’ll admit it, ask forgiveness and begin again.
- Lesson: Courage to be wise
- Scripture: 1 Kings 3:5-15; 4:29-34 – Solomon was a wise king
- Verse(es): Proverbs 1:5 (ESV)
- Guide marker: Following God and what He has taught,is the only way if true wisdom is sought.