Dear Bible Center family & friends,
Welcome to church! Thanks for visiting in person or tuning in online or on TV.
This weekend we begin a 3-week series titled United. I trust you’ll find all three messages to be inspirational, educational, and helpful for your own spiritual formation and for the overall health of our church family.
Our world is divided on epic proportions; however, Jesus’ Church is called to be peculiar, different, and special. The unity we have in Christ is, indeed, counter-cultural to our ultra-divided world.
This is why the Apostle Paul writes, “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all” (Ephesians 4:4-6).
How can we make every effort to maintain the spirit of unity we’ve been experiencing lately as a church?
Specifically, this series will answer questions like…
- What is our mission?
- What unifying things can we do when we gather weekly for worship?
- Why do we have and encourage church membership?
- Why do we baptize believers the way we do, and what should our attitude be toward believers who may have been baptized in a different format than us?
- Why will we begin doing communion each week, beginning February 11 and 14?
This series is part of a bigger picture—a 6-month rollout of our new Member Statement of Faith set to go into effect March 28, per congregational approval.
May God use everything about today’s service—the message, the readings, the songs, the one-another encouragement, the prayers—to transform us more into Jesus’ image.
United with you,
Matt Friend • Lead Pastor
This Week at a Glance
Thursday | January 28
Worship Service | 7 PM
Sunday | January 30
- Worship Services | 9 & 11 AM | On Campus & Online
- Worship Service | 10 AM (WCHS-TV)
- Early Childhood & Children’s Ministry | 9 & 11 AM
- Middle School Ministry (MSM) | 9 & 11 AM
- High School Ministry (HSM) | 9 AM only
Tuesday | February 2
- live @ 9 with Pastor Matt Garrison | Coffee & Conversation on Facebook
- Celebrate Recovery | 6 PM | On Campus or Zoom
Wednesday | February 3
- Middle School Ministry (MSM) | 6:00-7:45 PM | Church Campus
- High School Ministry (HSM) | 7:00-8:30 PM | School Campus
Thursday | February 4
live @ 3 with Pastor Matt Garrison on Facebook
Friday | February 5
Family Fun Night | WinterPlace | 5 PM
Friday, February 12 | 6:30-9:00 PM | Zoom
Whether you’re ready to become a member or you just want to know more about Bible Center, join Pastor Mike Graham, along with other BCC staff, for our next Membership Night!
- Learn about our mission and vision.
- Ask questions.
- Interact with our staff and others considering membership.
Bible Center School Open House
Monday, February 8 | 5-6 PM | Preschool through 8th Grade
Considering Christian Education? Want to know what BCS is all about?
- Meet our faculty and staff and experience why BCS is family.
- Take a tour of the school and feel comfortable and safe.
- Hear about the mission of BCS in our community.
- Ask questions and know we’re here to help.
2021 Offering Envelopes are available for pick-up at the Info Desk. For questions, contact Kim Alvis.
Wednesday, February 17 | 6:00-7:30 PM | Join us for our winter/spring session of AWANA for kids age 2 through 5th Grade. Please register so we can plan appropriately for social distancing. Wear your mask, and we can’t wait to see you!
Family Fun Night at Winterplace
Friday, February 5 | 5 PM | Join your friends at Winterplace for an evening of skiing and/or tubing. Purchase your tickets at the Winterplace website and meet us there! Only 200 spots are open for tubing. A complete list of rules and regulations is also available on their website. A representative from the Family Ministry Team will be there to greet you at 5 PM.
Children’s Ministry Helpers
Looking for a way to serve, give back, or become energized? Being a part of the Children’s Ministry is fun and exciting! Help our kids learn about how amazing Jesus is—the One who created it all. Become a volunteer and serve on a once-per-month rotation (AWANA and Nursery-5th Grade). Volunteers are needed now for Wednesday and Sunday service times. Contact Steve Neill or Jane Jackson-Fowler to get plugged in, or just visit them on the 1st floor.
Bible Center School
BCS Employment Opportunities
Substitute Teachers are needed at BCS (grade levels and days are flexible). Email Principal Schafer at firstname.lastname@example.org.